Monday, June 8, 2015

Letter From Rebecca Deacon (2015)

After the Birth of Princess Charlotte last month I wrote to William and Kate to congratulate them on the birth of their 1st daughter. I also wrote a letter to the Cambridge's Staff congratulating them on what I thought was a job very well done at Lindo Wing. I thought they had learned a lot from Prince George's birth and did an incredible at making Princess Charlotte's birth a lot smoother and easier for everyone involved. It was amazing how even though you could be on the other side of the world, they created a feeling like you were a fan on the streets outside the hospital, although we probably had a better view.

I addressed the letter to Rebecca Deacon, Miguel Head, Jason Knauf, Nick Loughran, Katrina McKeever and the others member of staff who had assisted at Lindo Wing. The envelope I addressed to Rebecca Deacon, the Duchess of Cambridge's Private Secretary, and I sent it to Kensington Palace, where the Cambridges' office is located. Normal correspondence for the Cambridges are dealt with and should be sent to Clarence House.

I wasn't 100% expecting a reply since the letter was addressed and meant for the Cambridge staff, not the couple. I wasn't sure how they would feel about a letter being written to them personally. So I was very excited when I received an envelope in the mail with Catherine's monogram on the back. The envelope and stationary are the exact same as is used when Rebecca Deacon or others mail letters on the Duchess's behalf. When letters are sent on the couple's behalf Prince William's stationery is used. The reply was sent a month after I had mailed the letter and took 4 days to arrive. That is pretty good timing when writing to a British Royal.



The letter was pretty standard of what you see when writing to a British Royal. They usually start with addressing your letter, mention how touched they were and send their best wishes.



The letter says:
Dear Miss Daly,  
Thank you very much for the supportive letter which you so kindly sent on the occasion of the birth of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's daughter, Princess Charlotte.  
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the occasion and celebrations; it is a very happy time for Their Royal Highnesses as a family.  
It was extremely kind of you to take the trouble to write as you did and this comes this comes [sic] with my warmest thanks and best wishes.  
Yours Sincerely, 
Rebecca Deacon
Even Rebecca Deacon is prone to a few mistakes, in the last paragraph of the letter Rebecca accidentally repeats "this comes" twice and on the envelope, the word "Private" is misspelled.

Back to Replies - Main Page