Monday, February 13, 2017

Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik of Denmark - Christmas Reply (2016)

Yet another Christmas Reply! Christmas is one of my favorite times to write to the Royals. Christmas replies are always very lovely replies, and it is great getting so much royal mail in January,.... but February can try my patience. It's always an interesting month. There are some replies I know I will get but haven't yet. Some I know not to expect anything from. And then there are those uncertainties, where they may or may not reply or where other people got a reply, but I'm not sure I will.

I'm not sure exactly how many more Christmas Replies to expect. But I think 2 or 3 more. Usually, it takes to the end of February to get them all.

This reply is from Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik of Denmark!  

I really liked the back of this envelope. It has a very lovely edging. Margrethe and Henrik's are the only envelopes I've seen to have edging.

For someone who spends a lot of time talking about envelopes and such, I must admit I didn't notice this last year on their Christmas reply envelope. But in my defense, that was the 1st time I had gotten a reply from Margrethe and Henrik, so I was focusing more on the letter.


Inside is a letter, written by the Queen's personal assistant, Ingelise Tiedel. It's almost exactly the same as last year's. The big difference is that Prince Henrik is no longer called the Prince Consort. He dropped that title last year when he retired from full-time royal duties. 


The letters says:
Miss Gertrude Daly (My Address)
Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness Prince Henrik have asked me to thank you for your kind letter, which Her Majesty and His Royal Highness appreciated very much..  

Yours sincerely,  
Ingelise Riedel Personal assistant to Her Majesty the Queen
Not too much to say about the letter. They made a little typo at the end of the letter, and put two periods. It amuses me. 



I do want to point out last year, Margrethe and Henrik's thank you note was the 1st Christmas reply I received (arrived Dec 16th). And this year it is one of the last. I had sent my letters at about the same time in November both years. That just shows you replies don't come consistently each year. I'm into my 3rd year writing and can say response times each year vary greatly.