Saturday, March 24, 2018

Zara Tindall - Pregnancy Reply (2018)

A reply arrived today from the UK.

Theis reply was quite a surprise. I was a bit confused when I saw the envelope. It was obviously from the UK, but it doesn't have the typical marking of a royal letter. It is just a simple envelope with a stamp of the Queen, a handwritten address, and nothing on the back. I wondered who it could be from.

Given that the letter isn't stamped with the Royal's PPI (Printed Postage Impression), I knew it couldn't be one of the Royal Households. The last time I received an envelope like this it was from a Foreign Royal living in the UK.


To my surprise, the reply is from Zara Tindall for the letter I sent her & Mike congratulating them on their pregnancy. When I wrote to them in January, I wasn't expecting a reply. I don't think I've ever seen a reply from Zara before. I wasn't even entirely sure Princess Anne's office passed on letters to her children. I have written to Zara twice before for her previous pregnancy announcement, and miscarriage.

The reply is a simple letter, written by Kate Bowen, Zara's Personal Assistant. The letter says:
Dear Gertrude 
Thank you for your letter to Mr and Mrs Tindall with your kind congratulations. They both were very touched by your letter.  
Yours sincerely,  
Kate Bowen  
PA to Zara Tindall

Back to Replies - Main Page