Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Princess Anne - Birthday Reply (2018)

A reply arrived today from the UK. I had written to Princess Anne earlier this month for her birthday. And as very often happens with her office, they were very quick to reply. 

The front of the envelope is the usual from the British Royals. 


The back of the envelope features Princess Anne's coat of arms like usual. But I noticed that Anne's office has changed their envelopes. The new one features a darker and slightly less detailed version of Princess Anne's coat of arms. And the envelope is also a slightly different color. 

Old vs. New

Inside is the letter from Mrs. Isabella Ward, Princess Anne's Office Secretary. The letter thanks me for my birthday wishes and my congratulations on the birth of Anne's new granddaughter, which I had also mentioned in my letter.



The letter says:
Dear Miss Daly,  
The Princess Royal has asked me to thank you for your letter dated 2nd August with its kind message wishing her a happy birthday for 15th August and congratulations on the birth of her new granddaughter, Lena Elizabeth.  
Her Royal Highness was touched that you had thought to write to her again and sends you her best wishes for the future. 
Yours Sincererly,  
Isabella Ward 
Mrs. Isabella Ward Office Secretary to HRH The Princess Royal

What is especially nice is the letter says, "touched that you had thought to write to her again." I think it really sweet that they noticed I had written to Princess Anne before.

Back to Replies - Main Page