Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Prince Louis - Birth Reply (2018)

A lovely reply arrived today from the UK. I had written to the Cambridges, 5 and 1/2 months ago, to congratulate the couple on the birth of their 3rd child, HRH Prince Louis.

And finally, after a very long wait, I received a reply. (This was not my longest wait ever. That would be 6.5 months for The Queen's 90th Birthday Reply.)


The reply is the usual from Clarence House, a photo card with typed message on the back. The front of the card features a photo of Prince Louis taken by Duchess Kate at Kensington Palace.


The back of the card features the usual sort of message. I especially like that they included Prince Louis's full title & date of birth at the bottom. 


The message reads:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were very touched that you took the trouble to write as you did on the birth of their son, Prince Louis.  
Their Royal Highnesses are most grateful for the wonderful messages they have received and send you their warments thanks and best wishes.  
HRH Prince Louis Arthur Charles of Cambridge 

23rd April, 2018
Included with the photocard is a letter from Claudia Spens, who is the head of the Correspondence Section at Clarence House. The letter is to thank me for the donation I made in the honor of Prince Louis's birth.


The letter reads:
Dear Miss Daly,  
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked me to thank you for your letter and your message of congratulations following the birth of their son, Prince Louis. I apologise for the delay in replying to you owing to the overwhelming number of letters and cards received in recent months.  
It was kind of you to tell Their Royal Highnesses that, in honour of this happy event, you have made a donation to the Ronald McDonald Charities of Ann Arbor in Michigan and The Duke and Duchess are most grateful for your generous gesture.  
Their Royal Highnesses have asked me to send you their warmest thanks and best wishes.  
Yours Sincerely, Claudia Spens
After the birth of Prince Louis, the couple has asked well-wishers to consider making a donation to a local children’s charity in lieu of sending a gift. So I made a donation to the Ronald McDonald House in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. I chose this particular charity because it was a good, local organization I was familiar with (I actually lived right next to it during University), and one that is similar to the causes the couple support.

Back to Replies - Main Page