Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Prince Hans Adams & Princess Marie of Liechtenstein - 50th Wedding Reply (2017)

I received this reply from Liechtenstein. I have written to Prince Hans-Adams II & Princess Marie in July for their 50th (Golden) Wedding Anniversary! Prince Hans-Adams is the monarch of Liechtenstein. But he retired in 2004 and made his son, Prince Alois, regent.

This reply came just over 2 months after I wrote. That's a pretty normal response time for royal mail in general. But it's the longest wait time I've ever had for a reply from Liechtenstein.

The front of the envelope is the usual from the Liechtenstein Royals. 


The back of the envelope says "Schloss Vaduz FL-9490" the address of the Palace. 


Inside is a flat card. I 

The card has a textured edge. I placed the card on orange paper when I scanned, it so that you can see the edge. What you can't see all that well is the embossed coat of arms at the top of the card. 



The card says:
Many thanks for your kind wishes
on the occasion of our 
Golden Wedding Anniversary

Marie Liechtenstein      Hans Adams Liechtenstein


You may notice that the card uses two different fonts.  The Liechtenstein Royals have pre-made cards that just say "Many thanks for your kind wishes." These are able to be used for almost any event. The 2nd & 3rd line were added later to make this card specific for their 50th wedding anniversary. 

The signatures appear to be real as they differ from the signatures I have on other cards from them. 

Back to Replies - Main Page