Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Queen Elizabeth - Birthday Reply (2015)

I received this letter in the mail yesterday. I had written to Queen Elizabeth for her 89th Birthday. The letter was written by one of her Lady-in-Waiting, Mary Morrison, and looks very similar to other letters I've received from Queen Elizabeth.  The letter also thanks me for sending best wishes on the then-upcoming birth of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, who was born May 2nd. 

(Princess Charlotte was 4 days old when this letter was written.)

The Letter says: 

Dear Miss Daly, 

The Queen wishes me to write and thank you for the letter and kind message which you sent on the occasion of Her Majesty's eighty-ninth birthday, and for the forthcoming birth of her fifth great grandchild.  
The Queen greatly appreciates your kind thought for her at this time, and I think you would like to know that the arrival of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge has given much pleasure to the whole Royal Family.  
I am to thank you very much once again for writing as you did.  
Yours sincerely, 
Mary Morrison 
Lady-in-Waiting