Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Princess Alexandra - Birthday (2016)

I received my first reply from Princess Alexandra, the Queen's Cousin.

It was a little confusing because the reply came in an envelope with the Queen's coat of arms on it. (Although the coat of arms here is a little different color of red, and smaller than the one on the envelopes from the Queen.) Princess Alexandra's coat of arms is similar to this, but different. Most noticeably the shield on Alexandra's is diamond shaped, and the crown on top is different, with no lion or feathers.


So when I saw this envelope, I was expecting to find a Christmas reply from the Queen. But instead was surprised with a lovely rely from Princess Alexandra.

I had written to Princess Alexandra for her 80th birthday last month (25th December), and also to wish her a very Merry Christmas. She was the only one of the Queen's cousins I wrote to this Christmas.

This very lovely reply was sent by her Private Secretary, Mrs. Diane Duke. The top of the page features Alexandra's monogram, which is a crown with two intersecting A underneath.


The letter reads: 
Dear Miss Daly, 
Princess Alexandra has asked me to write and thank you for your kind wishes on the occasion of her 80th Birthday.  
Her Royal Highness was touched that you had thought of her and taken the trouble to write. This was greatly appreciated and the Princess has asked me to pass on her thanks and good wishes for the New Year to you.  
Yours sincerely, Mrs. Diane A Duke LVO DLPrivate Secretary and Comptroller to HRH PRincess Alexandra
Back to Replies - Main Page