Sunday, May 7, 2017

Queen Elizabeth - Birthday Reply (2017)

A lovely reply from Queen Elizabeth. I had written to her in April for her 91st Birthday. I had of course also mentioned the recent Westminster attack.


The Letter says: 

Dear Miss Daly, 

The Queen wishes me to than you for your message of condolence and the assurance of your prayers following the awful violence which occurred in Westminster recently. 

I am also to thank you for the message you have sent to Her Majesty on the occasion of her ninety-first birthday. 

Your thoughtfulness in writing at this time is most appreciated. 

Yours sincerely, 

Miss Jennie Vine
Deputy Correspondence Coordinator

The letter is similar to the one's I have received from the Queen in the past. But what is interesting is this was written by Miss Jennie Vine, a Deputy Correspondence Coordinator at Buckingham Palace. This is the 1st time I've gotten a letter from the Queen that was signed by someone other than a Lady-in-Waiting.

I think the Ladies-in-Waiting handle more of the good wishes and the correspondence office staff the more serious or official letters. The correspondence office staff do the more day-to-day stuff, as they are working full-time at answering letters. For the Ladies-in-Waiting answering, letters is one of the many tasks they do for the Queen.