Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg - Christmas(2017)/Birthday (2018) Reply

Today I received a reply from Luxembourg for the Christmas/97th Birthday letter I sent Grand Duke Jean. Grand Duke Jean reigned from 1964, until his abdication in 2000. His son, Grand Duke Henri, is Luxembourg's current monarch.

The envelope features two rather lovely stamps and an "Utilisez nos timbres spéciaux de Noël/ Use our special Christmas stamps" postmark. The envelope is postmarked December 21st, so this took a full 3.5 weeks to arrive. That is a little longer than normal, but understandable during the slow holiday season.


The past 2 years I've written for Grand Duke Jean's Birthday in January. But this year I decided to write earlier and make my letter for Christmas and his birthday.

The card is slightly bigger than the Grand Duke's previous birthday replies, but it's the same size as the replies from the rest of the family.


The card reads:
Fischbach Castle
Luxembourg 
December 2017 
His Royal Highness Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg appreciated your kind greetings and birthday wishes. His Royal Highness sends you His warmest thanks and best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy Year 2018. 
--
I have yet to get my Christmas reply from Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. I am still awaiting replies for more than half of my Christmas letters.

Back to Replies - Main Page