Monday, May 20, 2019

Princess Eléonore of Belgium - Birthday Reply (2019)

A lovely, unexpected reply arrived today from Belgium. I had written to King Philippe last month for his 59th birthday and got a reply for that last week.

One of the things I mentioned in my birthday letter to the King was his daughter Princess Eléonore's birthday, as it is the day after the King's. I usually do this, if I can remember. Normally I've just gotten King Philippe's birthday reply. But this year, I got a 2nd reply for Princess Eléonore's 11th birthday.

It is interesting that is was sent separately and postmarked 4 days after the King's.

The envelope is the same as the one for King Philippe's birthday reply, except the postmark is different. The different postmarks could indicate that there is different staff working on mail for the two events/royals. Based on what I've seen over the years, it seems like King Philippe mail is answered by one set of staff and then the Queen & their children's mail is answered by another set.

But given that I've gotten 11 or 12 different envelopes from the Belgium Royals, using 5 different postmarks, it not really clear.


The card is usual from the King's family. it is a flat card with a pre-typed message.


The card reads:
Their Majesties the King and the Queen thank you for the kind greetings that you have addressed to the Princess Eléonore on the occasion of her 11th birthday.
With the card is a photo of Princess Eléonore. I don't know much about the photo except that is was released on her birthday.


Back to Replies - Main Page