Saturday, April 22, 2023

King Felipe of Spain - Birthday & Condolence Reply (2023)

I had written to King Felipe in January for his birthday included in my letter my condolences for the passing of his uncle King Constantine of Greece. 

In response to my letter I received two replies about a month apart. The envelopes for both were the same and the usual I receive from the Spain Royals. Printed on the envelope is a circle with "Office of HM the King - Protocol" along with the King's coat of arms. The back of the envelope is blank.


The first letter is to thank me for my Birthday Wishes. It is the usual sort of letter from King Felipe's office. 



The letter translated says: 
The Head of HM the King's Household
Palace de la Zarzuela
March 3rd, 2023

Ms. Gertrude Alexandra Daly 

[My Address] 

From the Head of the Household of His Majesty the King

His Majesty the King has asked me to convey to you, on his behalf, his affectionate gratitude for the warm congratulations that you have sent him on his birthday. 
With kind regards,
Jaime Alfonsin

A 2nd letter arrived a month later thanking me for my message of condolence. The letter is the same form as the one above. 




The letter translated says: 
The Head of HM the King's Household
Palace de la Zarzuela
March 3rd, 2023

Ms. Gertrude Alexandra Daly 

[My Address] 

From the Head of the Household of His Majesty the King

In response to his message of solidarity and support after the death of His Majesty King Constantine of Greece, I am charged by His Majesty the King to express his gratitude for your moving words. 
Please accept my warmest regards,  
Jaime Alfonsin