Monday, June 15, 2015

Queen Elizabeth - Birth of Princess Charlotte Reply (2015)

 Today I received a letter from Queen Elizabeth II. I was really excited when I saw her Red monogram embossed on the back of the envelope.  I had written to Queen Elizabeth, last month, to congratulate her on the birth of her newest Great-Granddaughter, Princess Charlotte. I had also written to William & Kate and Charles & Camilla congratulating them on the birth as well.


I think I would have been more enthusiastic about this reply if it had included a sentence about the Queen's feelings about Princess Charlotte's arrival.  In the reply for the Queen's 89th Birthday, Mary Morrison, one of the Queen's Ladies-in-Waiting, wrote to me that "the arrival of Princess Charlotte of Cambridge has given much pleasure to the whole Royal Family."



The letter says: 
The Queen thanks you very much for your message of congratulations on the birth of her great-granddaughter, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge.  
Her Majestty is most grateful for your kind words and greatly appreciated your thought for her family at this time.
 
June 2015

Back to Replies - Main Page