Monday, July 6, 2015

Prince Philip - Birthday Reply (2015)

I had written to Prince Phillip for his 94th Birthday last month. This reply came about a month after I sent my letter. Which is a very reasonable response time.


This response is obviously a form response, sent to everyone who wrote. There is nothing about this letter that would suggest it was in a way specifically written for me. This is also the first letter I have received from a British Royals where it looks like the signature was printed on.

This response was written on a half sheet sized paper. Prince Philip's stationary look different than other British royals. Over the years royals have changed their stationary, but Philip has kept this older look.

The telephone number and fax are the general numbers for Buckingham Palace.


The letter says: 
I have been asked by Prince Philip to say how much he appreciated your good wishes for his Birthday. 
Fred Moynan
Assistant Equerry to H.R.H. the Duke of Edinburgh


Back to Replies - Main Page