Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Countess Sophie - DofE Challange Email (2017)

This was a big surprise when I opened my inbox last week and found an email from the Countess of Wessex. I had donated to Countess Sophie's Duke of Edinburgh's Diamond Challenge's Just Giving Page back in September. 

Countess Sophie had biked 445 miles from the Palace of Holyrood in Edinburgh to Buckingham Palace in support of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Diamond Anniversary Appeal.


This email was sent out to all those who donated to her Just Giving Page. Of the £ 307,491 donated, only 8% (£281,804.00
) of that came from online donations on her Just Giving Page. 


The email reads:
It is hard to believe it is February 2017 and my Diamond Cycle Challenge is now a distant yet wonderful memory. I would like to say a huge thank you to you for supporting me throughout my challenge, championing my cause and helping me to raise £ 307,491 for The Duke of Edinburgh's Award. I may have completed my challenge, but for many young people, life is one big challenge. I believe that every young person should have the opportunity to be the best that they can be and the money and awareness you have helped me raise will do just that!

My heartfelt thanks, Sophie, Countess of Wessex.

The email is very interesting because (1) it the first Royal Email I've gotten, and (2) I've sent a number of letters to the Wessexs over the years, including to congratulate Sophie on completing her DofE Challenge, and never got a reply.

Back to Replies - Main Page