Monday, March 5, 2018

The Cambridges - Christmas Reply (2017)

Today, I received a letter from the UK, for the Christmas letter I sent the Cambridges. The Cambridges replied with a letter, written by Claudia Spens, head of the correspondence section at Clarence House. 


The letter reads: 
Dear Miss Daly,  
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked me to thank you for your letter of 5th December. I apologise for the delay in replying to you. We have been overwhelmed by the thousands of letters and cards received recently.  
Their Royal Highnesses are grateful to you for taking the trouble to write as you did and were touched by your kind words of support in respect of the work they do.  
It was kind of you to send The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge a message at Christmas and they have asked me to send you their warmest good wishes for the New Year.  
Yours Sincerely, Claudia Spens
While I always love getting a personal letter, I would have loved to get their Christmas photo card.

Back to Replies - Main Page