Monday, April 8, 2019

The Sussexs - Christmas Reply (2018)

A lovely reply arrived today from the UK. I had written to Prince Harry & Duchess Meghan back in December to wish them a Merry Christmas.

I received this reply exactly 4 months after I had written. This is the first time I've gotten a Christmas reply in April. And I expect this is likely my last 2018 Christmas reply. You can look back on all of our 2018 Christmas Replies here

I have also updated our chart of response times for Christmas to include 2018. You can find that chart here

The front of the envelope is the usual from the British Royals and features the new postmark from the Court Post Office at Buckingham Palace. 


The back of the envelope features the usual Black Crown/Kensington Royal. I expect sometime in the future the Sussexs will update their stationary to reflect moving their office to Buckingham Palace. But it may not happen right away.  


Instead of the usual photo reply, I received a letter from Claudia Spens. Miss Spens is head of the correspondence section at Clarence House, which answers all of Charles, Camilla, The Cambridges & Sussexs' mail. They will continue to handle the Sussexs' mail even after the Sussexs move offices to Buckingham Palace. 


The letter reads: 
Dear Miss Daly,  
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have asked me to thank you for your letter of 8th December. I apologise for the delay in replying but due to the enormous volume of correspondence received in the last few months it has not been possible to respond to you until now.  
Their Royal Highnesses are grateful to you for taking the trouble to write as you did and appreciate your kind words of support. 
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have asked me to send you their warmest thanks and best wishes.  
Yours sincerely,  

Claudia Spens


For those of you who are thinking about writing for the birth of the Sussex's baby we have a handy guide here. The reply should be similar to their Pregnancy Announcement Reply.

Back to Replies - Main Page