Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Queen Elizabeth - Birthday Reply (2019)

A lovely reply arrived today from the UK. I had written to The Queen in April to wish her a happy 93rd birthday.

The envelope is the usual from the British Royals. This is my first reply from the Queen since the postmark changed. This new postmark is growing on me. I like that the crown is bigger and the "EIIR" is a little clearer.


The back of the envelope features the Queen's coat of arms.


Inside is a form letter thanking me for my birthday and Easter wishes. I don't normally write for Easter, but as it fell on the Queen's birthday this year, I mentioned it in my letter.


The letter reads: 
The Queen thanks you for the message you sent for Easter and on the occasion of Her Majesty's ninety-third birthday.  
The Queen is most grateful for your kind words and your thoughtfulness in writing as you did at this time.  
2019
Back to Replies - Main Page