Monday, August 7, 2023

Queen Camilla - Coronation Reply (2023)

This lovely reply arrived today from the UK. I had written to Queen Camilla to congratulate her on the Coronation. 

In the past, I had usually always written to King Charles & Queen Camilla jointly. But I've noticed they often have separate replies, so I decided to write to them separately. But otherwise I will continue to write to couples jointly. 

The envelope was the usual from the couple, featuring King Charles's coat of arms on the back. 

Inside is a folded card, similar to the ones Queen Elizabeth II sent on special occasions. 

The front of the card features King Charles & Queen Camilla's joint cypher. There are two Cs for Charles & Camilla and a large R for Rex/Regina, which means King/Queen in Latin. 

The design around it is taken from the Coronation Invitation designed by Andrew Jamieson, a heraldic artist and manuscript illuminator. This same front is used for King Charles's Coronation Reply. 


Inside is a photo of Queen Camilla taken by Hugo Burnand as part of the official coronation photos. On the right side is a typed message along with a printed on signature. 





The message says: 
I was deeply touched by your most kind and thoughtful  message following our Coronation. I am enormously grateful to everyone who took part in the celebrations, and particularly appreciate that you do generously took the the time to write to me on this very special occasion.  
With my best wishes, 
Camilla R 

The back of the card is blank except for a note: "Image by Hugo Burnand/Royal Household 2023."


Back to Replies - Main Page