Saturday, January 19, 2019

Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary of Denmark - Christmas Reply (2018)

A lovely reply from Denmark arrived this week, the only problem was it was sent to my old address. I had to move in early 2016, but I stayed with a friend for a while, before I moved to my current place. So, I actually had two change of addresses three years.


This got sent to my friend's address, which I only used for a few months in 2016. I know the Royals do store some info about the people who write to them on a database. And this has happened to me before. But it is odd to see it happen 3 years after I moved, especially as almost all of my other mail from the Denmark Royals in the past 3 years has been sent to the correct current address.

I'm glad I got this alright. But, it does make me wonder if any replies are getting sent to my old, old address still.



The card is pretty much identical to the Crown Prince Couple's replies in the past. But this is actually a new version of their card. I have a post of the evolution of their reply card here. They were just little changes, but this is version 3. It's pretty identical to version 2, except they changed back to version 1's paper which doesn't have the textured edges.

I know Clarence House has also done a redesign of the cards for Charles & Camilla, The Cambridges & The Sussexs this Christmas. I will have a post on the evolution of their cards when I actually get one of their Christmas replies. (They also have had 3 versions since I started writing.)



The card says:
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark have asked me to thank you for your Season's Greetings.  

Chief of the Court of   
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark

Back to Replies - Main Page